Grant Programs: Eligible organizations can recoup up to 50% of appearance fees through the Illinois Arts Council or Heartland Arts Fund.
“Blue Skies and Broadway” — Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert
- Custom arrangements written for Maureen Christine with Symphony Orchestra Great American Standards and Broadway Show Tunes
- Featuring such composers as: Irving Berlin, Lerner and Loewe, Rodgers and Hammerstein, Gershwin and more.
Blue Skies and Broadway Details: Complete Symphony Program and Music
“1st Choice Big Band Christmas with Maureen Christine”
Enjoy your favorite holiday songs along with some classic swing, performed in the authentic Big Band Style!
1st Choice Big Band with award-winning vocalist Maureen Christine is touted by presenters as “one of the best performances of the season” and “thoroughly entertaining!” Audiences are praising the band’s “great sound quality,” “authentic big band style,” and Maureen Christine’s “delightful voice.” The 1st Choice Big Band features 14 of the most talented jazz musicians in Chicago-land. The band’s director, Michael Bazan, is also a consummate jazz musician on alto and tenor saxophone. The 1st Choice Big Band concerts can also include the “Holiday Harmonies” caroling trio, a three girl group in the style of the Andrews Sisters.
Sentimental Journey……WWII favorites & Melodies from the Golden Age Of Swing
Band options: Full 16-piece big band, Quintet, Quartet, or trio
Celebrate swinging Big Band favorites, the Great American composers, and singers who swing, with this collection of Great American Jazz Standards of the 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s.
- Glen Miller’s “The The Mood” and “Moonlight Serenade”
- Doris Day’s “Sentimental Journey”
- Sinatra’s “New York, New York”
- The Andrew Sisters “Chatanooga Choo Choo”
- Rosemary Clooney’s “Come On-A-My-House”
- Peggy Lee’s “Fever”
Gershwin’s “S’Wonderful,” “I Got Rhythm,” “Embracable You”
- Duke Ellington’s “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” and “I’ve Got It Bad Ain’t That Ain’t Good”
- Nat King Cole hits “Route 66,” “Paper Moon,” “Orange Colored Sky”
- Also included are other fine composers and performers such as Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Cole Porter, Jerome Kern, Lorenz, Hart, Hoagy Carmichael, Johnny Mercer, and many more.
New York’s Pink Paper raved,”Ms. Christine is a young woman who sings with the souls of many great women before her.” Maureen will captivate audiences with her “mesmerizing voice” and exciting versions of the timeless jazz standards.
Unforgettable……..Songs of the 50’s and 60’s
This custom concert will feature wonderful songs you danced, romanced and fell in love to. Popular favorites include: “Unchained Melody,” “Secret Love,” “Blue Moon,” “Fever,” “What The World Needs Now,” “The Way You Look Tonight,” Elvis Presley’s “Hawaiian Wedding Song,” “Moon River,” “It Had To Be You” and plenty more. The show can be presented with a duo of Maureen and her pianist, with the inclusion of Michael Bazan on saxophone, flute and clarinet, or up to 5 piece band.
Evergreen……Story Songs Of The 70’s
The 70’s wasn’t only the disco era, it was a decade of story songs! Wonderful melodies, talented singer-songwriters, and memorable hits we could sing along to.
Chart topping songs such as: “The Way We Were,” “I Don’t Know How To Love Him,” “We’ve only Just Begun,” “Sunshine On My Shoulders,” “Love Will Keep Us Together,” and “Morning Has Broken.” And who could forget Debbie Boone’s “You Light Up My Life,” Judy Collon’s “Send In The Clowns,” Barry Manilow’s “Can Smile Without You,” Helen Reddy’s “Delta Dawn,” Olivia Newton John’s “Hopelessly Devoted To You,” and many more. And yes, we might just include the 70’s anthem “I Will Survive.” You’re sure to love the songs, the stories, and the singers and songwriters who made them famous.
Lights, Camera, Movies: Hit songs from Hollywood Movies
Lights, Camera, Movies features the hit songs from your favorite movies. Chart topping songs from today’s biggest Hollywood movies along with memorable moments from your favorite classics. This extensive collection will appeal to music enthusiasts of all ages! You don’t need to see the movie to enjoy the memorable moments through the songs and artistic arrangements.
- Enjoy Grammy winners such as “My Heart Will Go On” (Titanic), “I Will Always Love You” (The Bodyguard), “The Way We Were,” and new hits from the movie version of “Phantom Of The Opera.”
- Exceptional arrangements of favorites such as “Wind Beneath My Wings” (Beaches) and “Because You Loved Me” (Up Close And Personal).
- Disney hits “Colors Of The Wind” (Pocahontas), “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” (Lion King), and “Part Of Your World” (Little Mermaid).
- Timeless classics, including “People,” (Funny Girl), “Trolly Song” (Meet Me In St. Louis), and “Cheek To Cheek” (Top Hat).
- Notable hits such as “What A Wonderful World” (Good Morning Vietnam), “Can’t Help Falling In Love With You” (Blue Hawaii), and “Nobody Does It Better” (007 James Bond).
Grand Night For Singing… The Songs of Rodgers, Hammerstein and Hart
- Specially arranged songs written by Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein and Lorenz Hart, including such favorites as: “Oh, What A Beautiful Morning,” “This Can’t Be Love,” “Some Enchanted Evening,” “You Took Advantage Of Me,” “My Romance,” “All The Things You Are,” a 4 song medley from “The Sound Of Music,” and much more.
- The concert can be performed as a duo of just piano and voice, or it can be enlarged to include a 4 piece band with a choir and guest soloists.
- An Illinois Arts Council grant is available to most presenters as well as: non-for-profit groups, churches, libraries, colleges and schools or concert presenters.
LET FREEDOM SING…. a musical tribute to America!
Songs about our country, for our countrymen, and in honor of all the men and women in our armed forces.
- Patriotic songs, great American composers, American classics
- From “America The Beautiful,” “You’re A Grand Old Flag,” “Yankee Doodle Dandy” and “The Battle Hymn Of The Republic,” to “Danny Boy,” a Glen Miller Medley, “Proud To Be An American “and of course, the “Star Spangled Banner “
- Also including favorites from WWII from Andrew Sister’s hits to Doris Day and the Glen Miller Orchestra
Female Legends of Broadway
Best loved songs from the leading ladies of the broadway stage.
Featuring the “classic” broadway stars such as Barbra Striesand, Judy Garland, Ethel Merman, Carol Channing, Liza Minnelli, Marilyn Monroe and Julie Andrews. Plus contemporary broadway legends including Sara Brightman, Linda Eder, Bernadett Peters, Betty Buckley and many more.
The show also includes interesting narrations about the stars, the songs and the stories of their lives.
Songs of the Season
Maureen rings in the holidays with favorite songs of the season. From “White Christmas,” “Santa Clause Is Comin’ To Town,” “Let It Snow,” and “Winter Wonderland,” to sacred selections such as “Silent Night,” “Angels We Have Heard On High” and “Oh Holy Night.”
There’s a lot of fun in this holiday program with sing-a-longs, interesting narratives about the songs and their history, an surprise audience participation number and many wonderful melodies designed to delight audiences and put them in the holiday spirit.
Holiday Harmonies – A Caroling Trio
Beautiful three-part harmony, traditional victorian attire, well-known carols and holiday favorites are just some of the things that make Holiday Harmonies so special.
Maureen, Ceclilia and Cathy blend their voices, create unique harmonies, and charm audiences with their music, costumes and smiles. From traditional carols, holiday favorites and even a few Hanauka selections, Holiday Harmonies is the perfect addition to any special event.
Chasing Rainbows – A Tribute To The Songs Of Judy Garland
The Voice – A Tribute To The Songs Of Barbra Streisand
Custom Shows – Shows designed around your specific theme or event